The stars of NASCAR invade Las Vegas Motor Speedway March 8-10.
There will be three days of qualifying, practice and two big races featuring the sports biggest stars including Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart.
There are several ticket pricing levels ranging from full weekend passes to individual event tickets.
Friday, March 8: Stratosphere Pole Day - $25 for adults, $16 for children 6-15, $74 for qualifying plus neon garage pass.
Saturday, March 9: NASCAR Nationwide Series Sam's Town 300 - $30, $31, $41, $45, $46, $54, $69
Sunday, March 10: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt Tools 400 - $49, $69
Full weekend packages include admission to all three events and range from $99-$245. There are also several high end clubhouse and suite packages available.
A few tips:
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway is about 30-40 minutes away from The Strip and Downtown so I recommend leaving plenty of time to avoid the inevitable traffic backup.
- Though most streets in Las Vegas do intersect, making it easy to skip the freeway, at some point all roads will converge at the track, so be prepared to crawl along at the entrance.
- Shade is in high demand at most race tracks, (and this one is in Vegas) therefore hats, sunglasses and sunscreen will be your best friends.
- Take advantage of qualifying and practice garage passes, as that is the best time to try and see your favorite drivers.
- Following your favorite drivers and teams on Twitter is a great way to find out what they're up to once they roll into town.
- Though race events start March 8, there will be several charity events and public appearances around town beginning Wednesday, March 6. Check the schedule at www.lvms.com