If you're regretting that third helping of pecan pie and all those plates heavy with turkey, mashed potatoes, tamales or lasagna eaten over this holiday season then GOT MILK? has some tips for you.
The agency has teamed up with trainer to the stars, Jason Walsh, to show Californians how to get healthy. Here are his Top 10 Tips to get fit like a celeb:
1. Cut calories, cut fat. Lessen intake of foods and beverages that are high in calories and fat. Choose foods that are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber to keep you full longer. Save your splurges for the weekend!
2. An apple a day. Consume more fruits and vegetables daily. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber, and they fill up the stomach making you feel full faster. Most fruits and vegetables are also low in calories.
3. GOT MILK? Milk is rich in essential vitamins and minerals and is the No. 1 source of calcium for optimum bone health. Health experts recommend getting at least 3-4 servings of milk and/or dairy products daily.
4. You can drink chocolate. After a workout, reward yourself with a cold glass of chocolate milk, which helps with muscle recovery post workout. Studies have shown that chocolate milk competes effectively with commercial sports drinks because it has the right combination of proteins and carbohydrates necessary for muscle recovery after exercise.
5. Watch portion size. A good rule of thumb is to cut portions in half, saving the other half for the next meal a couple of hours later to keep hunger sensation low and energy high.
6. Cardio. Cardio. Cardio. Californians simply aren't moving enough to maintain good health. Doing 30-60 minutes of exercise daily is integral to a healthy lifestyle.
7. Step it up. Interval training or high intensity training is key. Interval training also spares lean muscle, which is optimal in maintaining a higher metabolism.
8. Movement matters. Perform squats, lunges, step ups, push ups and pull-ups. These exercises help you obtain maximum results for a toned body and should be included into every exercise regimen.
9. Increase your workout. All workouts should be based on a progressive scale. Aim for a 10 percent progression each week.
10. Recuperate. Recovery from each workout is absolutely crucial for optimal results. Make sure to get enough sleep, stretch properly, and eat a balanced diet.